Table of Contents
Choosing the best youth goalie gloves is not that easy nor that hard.
An adult is quite aware of the facts that he/she needs to consider before buying goalkeeper gloves.
But the kids or the youngsters need assistance.
One of the significant priorities of choosing the best youth goalkeeper gloves should be the protection it offers.
Besides protection, you have to consider some other factors like –
- The finger cut.
- The fit and comfort.
- Durability and usability.
- The finger and wrist protection.
- Overall construction and materials used.
- The price.
- The brand reputation.
- And some more characteristics specific to the gloves.
Taking all those into consideration, I’ve prepared this youth goalie gloves reviews guide where I’m going to review six top-notch goalkeeper gloves.
Without any further ado, let’s dive right in.
6 Best Youth Goalie Gloves – Detailed Review
1. Renegade GK Talon Kids, Youth & Adult Goalie Gloves Review
- You are getting different finger cuts and various sizes for all ages of players, including youth.
- The Endo Tek Pro finger saves protects your finger a great deal and gives you enough courage to save the balls effortlessly.
- This one is a well-constructed pair of gloves with all the fresh materials and technologies.
- It offers excellent grip and fit.
- You can use this pair of gloves, both indoors and outdoors.
- This model features a highly satisfactory level of wrist protection and breathability.
- It withstands in both dry and wet weather.
- These gloves are durable and comfortable.
- The price is quite reasonable, considering the quality.
- You will get fantastic customer support from the company.
- Not too suitable for hard surfaces.
Renegade is such a cool brand when it’s about producing goalkeeper gloves for youth and adults. It released several series of gloves, and Talon is one of them.
Without any second thought, this pair of gloves from Renegade is the best goalie gloves for youth on my list.
Talon series offers the most extensive range (size 5 to size 11) of sizes among all the series of gloves it released.
One of the coolest parts of this brand is, for each series, it released multiple versions with multiple types of finger cuts. That clearly proves how well organized this company is.
Talon series offers roll cut, flat cut, and negative cut. You can choose any one version or all the versions as all these feature high-quality and performance.
It features Germany Hyper Grip palm, Dual-Tek 4mm Latex backhand, 3D air mesh backhand 2, Airprene 8CM with Elastic Slit, and Duratex Strap.
Overall, this particular pair of gloves is quite a go to-go option for any ages of players, particularly the youths. I must admit, I’m a big fan of this brand.
2. Sportout Youth & Adult Goalkeeper Gloves Review
- You can choose from several sizes and colors available for this pair of gloves.
- It features backbone finger protection that eventually saves you from possible injuries.
- The grip is quite comfortable. Kudos to the thick latex palm.
- As this is a lightweight pair of gloves, you won’t feel any discomfort for using it for long.
- The double wrist safeguard comes in handy to protect your wrist and to provide more comfort and control.
- The ventilation system on the side of the finger lets the airflow to the gloves.
- You can use it both indoors and outdoors.
- It’s quite affordable for what it offers.
- The company backs up its customers pretty well.
- The company needs to focus on improving the stitching quality.
- This pair of gloves tend to accumulate dirt more quickly than usual.
You don’t want to spend a lot of money buying junior gloves, right?
This pair of goalie gloves is quite youth-friendly in terms of performance and price.
The finger savers are not removable because they are stitched into the gloves for better stability.
As this pair of gloves tend to accumulate dirt quickly, it’s better to wash it once in a while. It’s easy to clean these gloves. You just have to soak them into the water with vinegar for a night.
As a whole, this one is a durable youth goalie gloves that cost a few bucks.
Its durability is assured by multiple other real users too. I don’t think you will regret buying these goalkeeper gloves for those youngsters.
3. FitsT4 Youth & Adult Goalkeeper Gloves Review
- You can pick from two marvelous color combinations that most of the young goalkeeper will like.
- It’s available in various sizes, which makes it a perfect option for both youth and adults.
- The shot impact absorbance capability of these gloves is impressive.
- It gives the highest level finger protection compared to the other models on my list.
- The grip (latex palm) offered by these gloves is quite good.
- The double wrist safeguard gives ample protection to your wrist too.
- It features ample breathability support. Thanks to the knitted fabric on the finger side.
- It’s a super soft but durable pair of gloves.
- These gloves hold up quite well even after getting washed.
- Putting on and off these gloves are a cakewalk.
- It’s a flexible pair of gloves.
- It is amazingly affordable for what it offers.
- The palm might start to come off a bit after 4-5 weeks of use.
FitsT4 is quite a sturdy pair of gloves that provide finger protection more than your expectation level.
You will get a good feel wearing these gloves, no doubt. It’s quite lightweight to the youngster’s likings too.
If you are a young player or a team coach of the youth soccer team, then the safety and protection of the players are the topmost priorities for sure. This is where these gloves shine like no other gloves.
It features a high-quality velcro, which makes it easy to put on and off.
The company stands behind its customers with excellent service too.
So, yes, overall, this one is a high-quality yet inexpensive goalkeeper gloves for youth to consider.
4. Vizari Avio FRF Youth Gloves Review
- You have the liberty to choose from multiple sizes and colors of this pair of gloves.
- It provides ample wrist support.
- These gloves feature good cushion and finger protection.
- It’s a quite comfortable and lightweight pair of gloves to the youth’s likings.
- This one is a perfect pair of gloves for practicing.
- It’s pretty easy to put on and off these gloves because of the V notch wristband.
- A quite durable pair of gloves. Training on turf won’t let it wear it anytime soon.
- It offers great value for the money.
- The manufacturer needs to focus on increasing the breathability and grip of these gloves.
- Not a good option for adults at all.
Once you unpack these gloves, you will find it slippery and stiff. Nonetheless, it will become flexible and loose over time.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t offer a good grip. That’s why I’m afraid; you won’t want to use it for anything other than practice.
If you are going to buy these gloves for your kids or youth team, you don’t have to worry about bent fingers. Kudos to the finger protection.
I must mention, the price is quite low for what it offers. If you are looking for budget gloves for your team without sacrificing durability, this is one of the best bets for you.
5. Adidas Performance ACE Goalkeeper Gloves for Youth Review
- You have the liberty to choose from different colors and sizes.
- It offers finger save features to provide you a better feel and save from possible injuries.
- It’s an all-weather glove. Meaning it will perform equally in both hot and cold weathers.
- The positive cut helps to make it comfortable for the youth.
- You will get a good feel wearing these gloves.
- The vented wrist cuff ensures airflow into the gloves.
- It feels soft and comfortable because of the well-padded palm.
- The price is not too high.
- It doesn’t seem so durable.
I don’t believe I have to introduce Adidas here as you already should know quite a lot about them.
Although this pair of youth goalie gloves don’t seem to justify the brand name in terms of durability, the overall construction and performance are not that bad.
This particular pair of gloves is made from a combination of polyester(63%) and polyurethane (37%).
If you are looking to buy these gloves for your kids, the finger save feature will give you extra security. The kids will get a confidence booster too and grab the ball fearlessly.
All in all, it’s a reasonably priced youth goalkeeper gloves from a reputed brand where you can rely on.
With that said, I’ve listed some other good quality gloves here. As the durability of these gloves is questionable, better go for the alternatives.
6. Jalunth Youth Goalkeeper Gloves Review
- Available in multiple colors and sizes to the youth’s likings.
- These gloves last long.
- It features an anti-slip latex palm that helps you to grip the ball effortlessly.
- The adjustable velcro wristband makes it easy to put on and off the gloves.
- It offers quite a satisfactory level of breathability. Kudos to the breathable mesh net around fingers.
- I like the stitching quality, no doubt.
- The soft PU leather hand back makes it flexible and easily maneuverable.
- This pair of gloves shine in comfortability.
- It’s lightweight.
- It’s super inexpensive.
- No separate finger save is implemented. However, these gloves are thick enough to provide ample protection to the hands.
This Jalunth soccer youth goalie glove is made to satisfy both those youngsters and kids.
The materials used to make these gloves are latex (40%), PU leather (45%), polyester (15%).
As you are getting quite high-quality, durable gloves spending a few bucks, so this can be a great first gift to your son/daughter without any second thought. They will love the bright colors for sure.
Nonetheless, don’t expect too much from these gloves. It’s not like the other somewhat advanced options I’ve listed here.
This one is a pretty basic pair of gloves offering all the basic features a youth requires except finger save.
The good thing is you are getting it without hurting your pocket.
Top Soccer Goalie Gloves for Youth – Buying Guide
If you have gone through the review section, it’s quite enough to separate the wheat from the chaff. However, I thought I give you some more insights on different buying factors to make you clear even further.
You will find varieties of finger cuts for goalkeeper gloves. The most common ones are –
- Flat cut.
- Negative cut.
- Roll finger cut.
Flat Cut – Flat cut is one of the classic cuts among the other types of cuts. Nevertheless, it’s still equally popular. Professional goalkeepers are still wearing this style of gloves.
You will get ample ventilation from this style. It’s because the latex is attached to the back via gussets.
It’s a bit looser cut; hence you will get good movement on the finger.
Negative Cut – Negative cut gloves are always going to be a lot tighter on the fingers and give you a better feeling to the soccer ball.
Generally, you will see some ventilation in between the fingers. Meaning the latex is attached to the backend via gussets like flat cut. However, in this case, the stitching is done inside the gloves.
Roll Finger Cut – In case of a roll finger gloves, the latex rolled around the finger. It’s quite popular among the goalkeepers too. It offers more surface area to the ball.
Hybrid – As the name suggests, a hybrid is a mixture of roll finger and negative cut. Typically, you will get the thumb finger and the little finger as the roll finger cut style, and the other three fingers as the negative cut style.
So, a hybrid cut is there to give you a blend of good tight feel, as well as more surface area to the ball.
It’s a highly popular type of cut as well.
Besides these type of most common cuts, you will see some other finger cuts too like –
- Negative roll.
- Medius cut.
- Hyla cut.
- Cresco cut.
- Total flare.
When you are searching for the best youth goalie gloves for soccer, you will want to get as many protection support from the gloves as possible.
The finger save protects the finger from possible finger injuries, and ample wrist protection from the gloves is also necessary.
Materials Used & Durability
The materials that are used to make the gloves need to be of high-quality and durable.
Buying durable goalkeeper gloves is a blessing. If the palm is made from latex, then it’s perfect. The backhand should be made of suitable materials too, like latex or PU leather, etc.
Grip, Flexibility, and Comfortability
If the pair of gloves you are going to buy for your youth team doesn’t offer a good grip, flexibility, and it’s not comfortable to wear, then your team won’t like it for sure.
The gloves need to be easy to put on and off as well. Young players will love to have a lightweight option too.
Breathability is another vital feature any youth goalkeeper gloves should offer.
If you are going to buy the roll finger cut, then you won’t get ventilation between the fingers. But it should offer breathability from other parts of the gloves.
You won’t like a pair of gloves that forces your hands to sweat a lot.
Last but not least, the price needs to be reasonable for what the gloves offer.
Mainly, when you are going to buy goalkeeper gloves for youth, you will not want to spend an unnecessary amount of money. At the same time, you wouldn’t want to compromise with the quality and protection of the gloves.
Fortunately, all the gloves I’ve listed here are quite reasonably priced.
Are renegade goalie gloves good?
Yes, of course. That’s the reason I’ve kept one of its most youth-friendly models on top of my list. Renegade, as a brand, has earned an excellent reputation over the years when it’s about manufacturing soccer goalkeeper gloves. It released several series like Talon, Eclipse, Rouge, Fury, Vulcan, and Vortex. Some of the coolest features of all the series is, each series consists of multiple finger cuts, colors, a wide range of sizes, etc. The price range is quite affordable for what it offers. The overall construction, material, and protection of its gloves are remarkable. So, yes, Renegade goalie gloves are suitable without any doubt whatsoever.
How do I make my goalie gloves grip better?
You can use any goalkeeper gloves conditioner. I recommend the Keeper balm grip stick. It’s quite useful to restore the grip as well. Keeper balm will make any latex gloves a high-quality gripping gloves. Applying the balm is as easy as pie too. Just grab the plastic, apply it on the palm of the gloves from top to bottom. Using this kind of grip stick is better than using a spray. It’s because the spray won’t stay long, but this balm will.
How do you get the smell out of goalie gloves?
You should wash the gloves to get the smell out using any suitable gloves washer like Reusch Re: Invigorate Glove Wash. It’s quite usual to develop a lousy smell over time because of the sweat and bacteria. However, it’s not a tough task by any means to get rid of that smell, too, merely by washing it.
Does washing football gloves ruin them?
No, if you do it correctly. Instead of throwing the gloves in the washing machine randomly, use a suitable goalkeeper gloves wash like Reusch Re: Invigorate Glove Wash. Apply gentle rubbing with your finger to remove the dirt. Rinse the gloves thoroughly so that no soap is left in the gloves. Otherwise, it will pull the moisture and dry out the gloves in a quick time. Hang dry the goalie gloves, don’t dry it under direct sunlight. These processes will retain the quality of the gloves after washing.
So, this is it.
In this article, I’ve reviewed six best youth goalie gloves mentioning all the upsides and downsides of each of the models.
I’m sure you didn’t miss out on the FAQs, and the buying guide section to get the answer of all the questions you might have had.
I sorted the gloves based on my preference. So, yes, the Renegade GK Talon is my top favorite.
Is buying a top-notch pair of goalkeeper gloves a tough task for you anymore?